Friday, April 24, 2009

Marsha says I need to update....

It has been quite a while since the last update hasn't it!

Life has just been ticking along here in the File house. I can't believe that it is almost May and school will be out soon. The kids are so ready for it. Cait will be going to daycare 2 days a week instead of the usual 5 days a week so I am sure that she would be excited if her little almost 2 year old brain could comprehend that. Shawn hasn't mentioned being ready for school to end but he usually is ready by this time of year. He will be working harder this summer than during the school year as the full-time caregiver to our children while I am at work!

Delainey is excited for 3rd grade to almost be over. She is quite the student and is already in hopes of making Rotary next year (a dinner to honor the high academic achievers). I hope she makes it - I attended for 4 years when I was in elementary/middle school. It is a neat thing. She will be doing a lot of reading over the summer since she has decided to not play any sports. Lately, she has been known to devour up to 3 American Girl chapter books in one day! I think several trips to the library may be in order!

Eli is quite the little soccer dude! Last week he scored his first legitimate goal ever - we were so excited for him!! I say legitimate because he has scored before - just in the other team's goal :( Shawn is the assistant coach for Eli's t-ball team this summer so they are getting to spend a lot of father-son time together at practice. He just lost one of his front middle teeth so he is looking a little toothless at the moment. The permanent tooth isn't too far behind though. He has had a great kindergarten year and is looking forward to a fun summer!

Oh Caitney - what a little pistol! I think all of our kids went through a stage where the answer to everything was "no" and for her in particular "I not". She has definitely been asserting her independence whether it is in saying she won't do something or having to do something by herself - like climb the stairs or put her jacket on. Lately, she has been giving people the "what for" when they hurt her feelings. But then she will give us a big hug and a kiss and we forget about all the negativeness she has shown us. One of her favorite things to do now is jump off things - which makes us so nervous! She will be 2 in a few weeks and I just can't believe how quickly time has passed. It seems just like yesterday she was a happy little calm baby and now she a boisterous 2 year old!

This summer we will be making our usual trip up to see Shawn's Mom, her husband Bill and his family in July. We always have a great time and we look forward to it! Before that in June, we will be going to Washington DC. We are really excited about the site-seeing - Delainey especially! She is very into history. I am attending a dental conference out there and we have the luxury of having our hotel room paid for while the conference is going on. Can't beat that!

Here are some pics from Easter!

Cait's first experience with Easter eggs! She didn't get to dye them but we let her color them with crayons...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some pics from Easter day..
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: