I didn't realize it had been that long since I updated! My goal is to do it every week - so I'm really coming up short!
Life has been pretty busy around here. Basketball season has now officially come to a close only for track season to start up. Shawn says they have quite a few girls out for track this year so that is good for them.
Eli is learning so much in kindergarten! The other night, we sat down to read "One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" by Dr. Suess and he was reading some of it to me!! I was very proud of him. This spring he will be playing soccer with the Carbondale Soccer League and then in the summer, he has chosen to play tball this year. We are dealing fairly well with his attitude issues that we have had. Shawn has had a few talks with him to help him understand what his behavior makes others feel like and he is now learning to bite his tongue or express himself in an acceptable behavior. Of course he has slip ups - especially when he is hungry or tired - but overall, he is doing really well.
Delainey is finishing ISAT testing today at school - thank goodness! Now we can get back to learning things other than what she needs to know for ISAT. She has chosen not to play any sports this spring or summer - which is fine with us. She seems to lean more toward the creative side and is enjoying piano lessons. Shawn says that she was improving with basketball this spring so athletics aren't totally out of the picture. However, my girl does love to read! She absolutely devours books - her favorites now are the American Girl books. It will be interesting to see what level of reading she tests at the end of the school year.
Cait is just a rough and tumble little mess! She likes to rough house with her brother and actually nails him down sometimes. Her language has just exploded lately. She is speaking in sentences with most of them starting with "I need..." and followed by words like Elmo, grapes, milk, eat, read book, etc. When she wants me to stop messing with the computer or reading my own books, she will close what I am reading (or the puter) and say "nite, nite" - precocious little thing she is. She likes to dance now when music she likes is on. If you sing the ABC's to her, she will pick up on parts of it and just sway to the rest of it. She has quite the independent streak and wants to do things on her own. Lately, she has a fetish with sleeping in old soccer shirts from Delainey & Eli. Last night, she was just thrilled with herself when she learned she could take it off....and then proceeded to take her diaper off. Silly girl!
I am quite busy with work but am hoping to catch myself up this next week while the students are on Spring Break. After basketball season ended, I joined the gym again. It is strange but I truely do enjoy getting out and doing something for myself. Plus I need an outlet for the stress in my life AND it helps me sleep better. Now if Cait would just stop waking up in the middle of the night, we would be set!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment