Thursday, July 15, 2010

Things Have Changed!

Well things have changed quite a bit in the File house in the past month. We are no longer a family of five. Beckett Paul was born on June 19th to make us a family of six! So this blog address has changed to www.filefamilyofsix.blogspot.com !
Photobucket
Photobucket

Eli has turned 7 and finished 1st grade. He played soccer in the spring and then tball this summer.
Photobucket

Delainey turned 10 this summer and finished 4th grade in the spring. Next year she will move on to middle school which makes her Momma a little sad :(
Photobucket

Cait turned 3 in May. She is still adjusting to having her position of "baby" thwarted by her little brother. She LOVES him dearly but is trying to gain control in some way. Cait still goes to daycare and will start preschool when she is 4.
Photobucket

Life as a family of six has been a bit of an adjustment. Beckett is an easy baby for the most part. However, getting out the door with 4 kids is a challenge. We deal with quite a bit of acting out on a daily basis which tries our nerves. I'm getting used to doing things one-handed again and the kids are learning patience as they have to wait on me to take care of whatever Beckett needs before I can do whatever they want. But on the postive side, I get to enjoy little baby grunts again and get to snuggle a baby. We get to watch him discover his world and laugh at his little baby faces. The kids absolutely love him and they are developing their nurturing side. Shawn has another son to pass on the family name - although if we had all girls we would be fine with that!

I'm going to attempt to update the blog more regularly with stories from our family. I can't promise to be the most grammatically correct writer or to look on the bright side all the time. But I can guarantee some entertaining stories!

1 comment:

sarah said...

i really appreciate the "can't promise to look on the bright side all the time."

i think that's reality, and i always felt like my blog was blemished if i had a sad post, so you made me feel better. :)