Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Chocolate Chip Cookies

You may ask - "What is so special about these cookies?" Well, nothing except they are exceptionally moist, soft, rich, and delicious! If you are a fan of flat and crispy cookies, don't bother. If you like the kind of cookie that can stand up on its own & that a big glass milk is a prerequiste for - this is the recipe for you! I will spare you the step by step pictures for this one.

I will just say that this recipe goes from this......




To this..... in less than 30 minutes.



Shelly's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients

2 1/2 c. flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 c. butter (softened)

3/4 c. brown sugar (packed)

1/4 c. sugar

1 small pkg vanilla instant pudding

2 eggs

1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 bag milk chocolate chips

1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and stir.
  • In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until it is creamy.
  • Add sugar, brown sugar, pudding mix, and vanilla extract to butter and beat until creamy.
  • Add eggs and beat until well combined
  • Slowly add the flour mixture and beat until combined
  • Stir in chocolate chips with a sturdy spoon
  • Place golf ball sized dough balls on a cookie sheet or baking stone. Bake for 11-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies just start to turn brown.
  • Let cookies rest on a cooling rack and EAT!

Last time I made these cookies I was feeling nice so I put some of the cookie dough in a seperate bowl and stirred in pecans for my hubs.


They turned out really yummy!



Since I don't necessarily want to be stuck with 2 half bags of chocolate chips, I usually double the recipe. (You can use all of one kind of chocolate chips but I like the two different flavors in the cookie) When I double the recipe, sometimes I will freeze dough balls on a cookie sheet or in a pyrex dish overnight. In the morning, I put them in a freezer bag and keep them in the freezer. Then we can have cookies anytime!



Enjoy!







1 comment:

sarah said...

vanilla instant pudding! i would have never guessed!