The weather outside is cool and beautiful! Fall is on its way and with that means a lot of comfort food in the crockpot. Beck is napping with Shawn so I thought I would take the time to share a few crockpot recipes. These are very simple and fairly popular. I don't have pics of them so this post may be a bit boring!
Crockpot Shredded BBQ pork
1 pork loin
1 can chicken broth
garlic powder, salt & pepper
1 bottle BBQ sauce (We like Sweet Baby Rays)
brown sugar
worchestire sauce
Put your pork loin in the crockpot and add enough of the chicken broth to come half way up the loin. I don't remember how many pounds the loin is that I usually use but it is about 4 inches in diameter and about 6 inches long. You could also use a pork roast/butt. Sprinkle it with garlic powder. You can also add some diced onions or dried minced onion here if you like. I have even put an envelope of onion soup mix in before. Let that cook on low for 6-8 hours or until it shreds with a fork.
After the loin is done, remove it from the crockpot (leaving the liquid behind), shred it, and put it in a large saucepan or dutch oven. Pour a bottle of BBQ sauce over it, and add worchestire sauce, salt/pepper & brown sugar to taste. Cook over medium heat until everything is nice and warm. Serve on hamburger buns.
Crockpot Beef Roast
1 beef roast
1 cup water
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 pkg of baby carrots
1 onion, quartered
Put the carrots and onions in the bottom of the crockpot. Place the beef roast on top. Fill a measuring cup up with 1 cup water then add the onion soup mix and stir. If I have minced garlic, I will add about a tsp. You can also add pepper or any other seasoning if you want. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
That is all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment