Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Supper thrown together while toting a baby!

This morning after I finished Beck's feeding at 3:30am, I realized that I better put something in the crockpot for supper because it will be another busy evening. I got some chicken out of the freezer and let it set on the counter to defrost until I woke up (again). I threw this together one handed while holding Beck in the other arm! This recipe is something I make when I need something easy that doesn't require much thought. You can use chicken breast or boneless pork chops and any kind of "cream of" soup.

Chicken in mushroom soup

1 pkg chicken breast
1 can cream of mushroom soup (or any cream of soup)
approx 1/2 tsp of seasoned salt,minced onion, garlic powder and ground thyme (I say approx because I just sprinkled some on.

Just put all this in the crockpot, stir, and cook on low all day long! I plan on having this over rice and with a veggie on the side.

1 comment:

Givinya De Elba said...

Hi Shel, I have been thinking of you recently, and when I came across an old comment of yours on one of my blog posts from way back, I thought I'd pop over to see what you've been up to!

Beckett is what you've been up to! Congratulations! I would love a #4 for my family too! How inspiring to see you cooking up a storm with your 4 sweet little ones!

I also love that you're real about it too. When you said in your July 15 post that you can't promise to look on the bright side all the time, I really understood that! Thanks for being real - I love that in a friend.

Kate (Givinya de Elba from Killing A Fly With A Ukulele.)