Shawn and I have wonderful news tonight! Delainey accepted Jesus into her heart tonight!!!!
Yesterday she looked up at me anxiously during the invitation at church and said "Mommy, what do I do? What do you want me to do?" I honestly had no idea what she was talking about. Well, that was the Lord knocking on the door of her heart. But, she did calm down and went on with her day. Then tonight after before she got in the shower, she asked me when she could get baptized. I told her that we would talk with Daddy before bed. So before bed, Lainey, Shawn and I sat in the living room and Shawn led Lainey to the Lord!!! It was an awesome thing to be present while my child experienced this :)
Later I thought - "I blinked didn't I?" I blinked and my first baby girl is now old enough to understand what Christ did for us and accept Him for her own. Some of what we have instilled in her has come to fruition - not that our job is done in that regard by any means. Time sure does fly! It's bittersweet, sadly happy..........I have to be careful to enjoy the moments as they come.
1 comment:
That is wonderful!
Post a Comment