Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Changes, changes....

Well, after about two years Shawn will no longer be the Youth Minister at DQ FBC. We have known this was coming for maybe 6 months if that long but just didn't expect it to happen so soon. Personally, I have mixed feelings. I have no doubt that the leader coming in will do a great job - he has in the past. I guess my concerns are just dealing with our family and my feelings. I suppose I can't help but feel slighted a bit for Shawn. He was doing a good job and really didn't deserve to lose his job. But I am respecting authority and the leadership of the pastor and his vision for the church. Honestly, I had grown quite attached to some of the kids - it is kind of sad to leave them :( I found that I actually enjoyed teaching a girls Bible study - something I never thought that I would enjoy. I like encouraging the young girls and sharing where I have messed up and encouraging them to not do the same. I guess I am greiving the loss of that. Then from a finacial standpoint, we will be out over $600 a month! That isn't small change especially when we had depended on that. But, we will be paying much less in daycare this next year since Eli will be in kindergarten. And Shawn can do pulpit supply here and there as called. When I subtract what we will be saving in daycare/pre-k from the $600, then we are left with $180.....I suppose I would pay that to have more of my husband! It is just the idea of juggling things again that makes me unsettled and the fact that I thought we were finally going to get ahead of the game. Oh well....God will provide our needs.....and some of those wants may have to be postponed.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I know everything will turn out like it should for you guys. God seems to always have a way of doing things where at first it seems hard, but then works out so much better than we could have asked or expected! I know it will be hard for you guys to "leave" the youth, so my prayers are with you. God bless!

Heather said...

Aw changes are hard but I'm sure you'll get used to it in no time. HUGS :)