On the contrary to what I thought, my trip to Miami was pretty relaxing! In hind-sight, I really needed the break from home!! I came back home a much more patient Mom.
The thing that I liked best about the trip was meeting with like-minded people. The conference was on public health dentistry - in other words, dentistry for the underserved. I met with a bunch of people who were not into dentistry for the money - they were in it to help people. That is the opposite of what I was so burnt out on in private practice - money, money, money....production, production, production. And no matter how much you make, it is never good enough for them.
I did probably have one of the best meals of my life in Miami. We ate at some restaurant on the beach in South Beach. I had jumbo grilled shrimp with rice and veggies...mmmmmmmm. Then the meals that they had at the conference were excellent as well. We had a big dinner/dance on Tuesday night with different cultural foods. Ooooo Tres Leches cake - yummmm!!! I'm going to try and make it sometime!
Yes, I did miss the kids but it was good!
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a good time! Glad you had a nice break momma!
Post a Comment