Thursday, May 29, 2008

Soooo ready for June 16th....


At first, the thought of my baby having an operation, as minor as it may be, was just terrifing. But now I am ready. I would do it tomorrow if we could. Cait now has her 6th or 7th ear infection since the end of January. I hate, hate, hate giving her antibiotics since I know that it is not going to completely fix the problem. Poor little girl. She has had so many ear infections that I am starting to worry that it will affect her hearing. She definetly isn't talking as soon as Lainey did. Just in the past few weeks has she actually "said" da-da and meant Shawn. So, we have our follow-up appointment on June 16th with Dr. Stith at Cardninal Glennon. I hope that we have her weaned enough to have tubes. She only takes a bottle before bed and then sometimes in the middle of the night. I've about made up my mind that I am going to demand that he do them - that will be new to me. But I can't stand to see my baby suffer time after time. Come on June 16th!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I hope they agree to do the tubes soon! Our oldest had tubes in her ears, so I know how scary it can be. It literally only took like 10 minutes from the time they took her back until they were done. And it will be soooo much better afterwards when she doesn't have any more infections.

Thanks for the offer of the bed, but we are going to have to do bunk beds as the girls will be sharing a room. But it was very thoughtful!