We recently bought wii fit mainly as a tool for me to get into better shape. It is pretty neat...except for one thing. The board that comes with it will weigh you and figure out your bmi based on what you tell it your height is. Well, that is all fine and dandy for me and Shawn. But for Eli and Delainey - no. It said that they were both overweight!!! I don't think so! And for a little girl who is just now becoming aware of herself and the struggle to look like what the world thinks you need to look like versus what your true value is....we didn't need any help. She would say....It says I'm overweight!!! But it says I'm over weight!! Ugh. Eli didn't care what it said about him. Let me just say that Eli was just at the pediatrician for a well check and he was fine with no mention of being overweight. Delainey has an appointment in August for her 8 year wellcheck and, yes her BMI has been up in the past - that and our family history of diabetes required her to have a screening for diabetes at 5 years old which turned out fine. But, she is now a tall, active, normal sized 8 year old with just the right amount of meat on her bones!
I saw this on yahoo this morning and I have to say that I totally agree!!!
http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/wii-ware-is-this-nintendo-s-first-blunder-/1215130
No comments:
Post a Comment