Monday, September 15, 2008

Update for the week....

It's been a week since I updated so here we go -

Delainey spent the majority of her week preparing for a brown bag book report which she presented today. She says that she did well so we will see! We had open house last week and the teacher said that she was doing well - so that is great! Soccer is in full swing and she seems to be liking it more than at the beginning of the season. Piano is in it's third week and she is getting back into the habit of practicing every night. I also get my baby fix when she has her lessons - I get to watch her teacher's almost 5 month old baby! It's enough to make me realize that I am too tired to handle another infant :)

Cait is finally recovering from a nasty nasty diaper rash. Her oh so intelligent Mommy fed her dried cranberries - healthy right? Yes, but also very acidic! They practically burned her rear. She was really uncomfortable for a couple of days. But thanks to Avenno oatmeal bath and lots of A&D ointment, it is almost healed. Her eczema on her face is pretty much gone. Only a pink spot on the skin remains but it isn't inflammed. We go back to the dermatologist next Monday for a follow-up. Cait is just now getting into books :) She won't set for us to read one but she likes to look at them!

Eli is quite the soccer dude! He is so cute to watch out on the soccer field. I will take pics soon and post them. He thouroughly enjoys it! We had a mandatory parent teacher conference today with Eli's teacher. She says that he is one of her high learners, is behaving well, and is progressing as he needs to be. She commented that he is a bit shy and is quite sensitive when critiqued or gently corrected. He is getting better at that though. His new thing is Ben 10....loves Ben 10.

Shawn is absorbed in politics right now....actually as I type this. The tv is either on sports or cnn.......gets old but I am learning to talk the politics with him (somewhat). We are both having trouble getting out of bed in the mornings!!! We haven't made ourselves late yet though.

Shawn informed me the other day that the hockey tickets I got him for our anniversary were for opening night!!! Needless to say, he is excited to be sitting 3 rows from the ice on opening night!!! I'm excited to be getting a night out and to experience a hockey game for the first time.

The mancave is coming along. We are finding that carpet is very expensive!!! We have yet to decide on a carpet. The drywall is practically done. Our "handy Marshall" is going to texture the walls next with an orange peel texture. Hopefully by then we have chosen a carpet so that we can choose a paint color!

That's about it in the File house!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Totally know the feeling of not wanting to get out of bed! And I just realized that Gwen has the exact same nightgown as Cait in the last pic you posted, too funny!