Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekly post ?

Life is pretty busy here in the File home! Even though we had a 4 day week, it seems we were going, going, going all last week.

We had a ladies brunch this past weekend at church. Here are some pictures from it -
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2129085&l=bccba&id=37617308

Eli is finally getting over his head cold - I think. He is still sniffling but his cough isn't nearly as chesty. He had his first soccer game this week. We think he has the scrub team - haha. But him and his little buddy Gage had fun kicking the soccer ball to each other up and down the field! I wasn't able to be there because of the brunch :(

Delainey is still doing well in school. She had a soccer game this Saturday too and played goalie some. Saturday afternoon she started piano back again after her teacher's maternity leave. She is a really quick learner with music!

Cait's face is doing great! There is just a little pinkness left. She has discovered the yumminess of fruit loops. I just bought them in the little one seving packages because I thought they would make a nice little snack after soccer. But Cait is loving them! I don't worry too much about her injesting the sugar. She is the best eater of the bunch.

Shawn and I have started going to Sunday School together again. We are in a group of 5 other couples our age - which is great! He and I both need to connect with people our age.

I've not been feeling super great lately. Adjusting to the 5:30 waking time has been a struggle for me so I'm sleep deprived. Then I have been nauseated ALOT. (No I'm not pregnant - 1 line on the stick thank you!). I really have to watch what I eat or I will get heartburn. I'm hoping that it is a little stomach bug. I will give it a bit and if it doesn't go away, I will go to the doctor. I've also been a little too lazy with taking my happy pills so I'm trying to remember that every night. That helps a multitude of things for me.

This week is same old, same old for us. I'm staying home tomorrow to work the book fair at the kid's school. I think I get a free book out of the deal - or atleast I had in the past. At work, we are still in one of the elementary schools in Murphy. I really enjoy being there and getting to talk with the school nurse - it is encouraging to see someone so passionate about their job. She is amazing! The people are really nice there too.

Hopefully Shawn and I will get to a carpet store sometime this week and pick out some carpet for the mancave! We went to two places Friday night and they ranged in prices between 1200-1500. We have one other place that is suppose to be much cheaper - but you have to find someone to install it for you. So, we will see. I'm anxious to have it all done.

That's about it around the File house. I will try and post some more mancave pics this week!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like you guys had fun when you were up here for your fil's wedding, I'm bummed we couldn't meet up but totally understand. In our church they are deacons for life, but the rotation thing sounds like a pretty good idea, that way if you get someone who is a bad egg in there it isn't a big deal trying to get rid of them, lol!