Delainey no longer uses kid hangers on her clothes - sad :( Her clothes fall off them. So she has moved up to adult size hangers.....she's growing up.
On other updates -
Cait saw the dermatologist this past week. Well, actually she saw the PA at the dermatologists office. They diagnosed the spot on her face as eczema. She gave us a steroid cream to put on there for the next two weeks or until it is gone. It is almost gone after 5 days :) However, we do need to switch over to gentler products - Free and Clear laundry detergent, Avenno shampoo for her hair, Cetaphil cleanser for her body, and Cetaphil cream for her body. A small sacrifice...
Poor Eli either has a head cold or allergies. He is all stuffy but is taking it well. Kindergarten is doing really well. He doesn't tell us much about it until it's bedtime and he will talk about it with me. For discipline, the school uses the concept of turning cards. Each card color has a different consequence. White (good), green (warning), blue (miss recess), yellow (don't remember), and red (principals office and a call to the parents. Eli has not turned a card yet.....and Delainey never has. Two of the boys we were concerned about him being around have - so I guess they are getting the guidance they need!
Delainey is doing well with 3rd grade. Her teacher is a really good match with her personality wise. She is in the highest reading group again this year. The girl loves to read! Soccer has started off with a bang - she was stung by a wasp on her ear during practice this week. The wasps were in the goal frame and she was playing goalie. I told Shawn we will be lucky to get her back out on the field. This season, she moved up an age group and is now with kids up to 10 years old. They are all bigger than her. Then, she says her coach is mean - and I agree. She isn't our favorite and I don't agree with the way she runs practice and how she talks with the kids. I mean, after an hour of practice in 90+ degree weather she asks the kids who is hot and tired - then the ones that say yes have to run!!!! Of course they are hot and tired - seriously!!! This is Perry County Soccer League, not boot camp.....mini vent. I would be fine with her quitting honestly - the lady is unreasonable.
Shawn is back to school and enjoying it even with all the drama that goes along with it. Shawn's Dad was remarried this weekend and he, Megan, and Myra's children stood up with them. I missed out on the majority of the ceremony due to Ms. Cait. But the reception was very nice :) We hope that Loren & Myra have nice honeymoon and an easy adjustment to married life!
I am hoping to up my hours to 30 hours/week to accommodate the extra day we added to our rotation schedule at work. Oh, and my best personal news was that I was able to shop out of the regular ladies section this week :) Although I haven't lost a ton of weight, the shape of my body has changed - so yeah!
That is about it for now. We are enjoying Labor Day hanging out at home then will have supper with my parents later.
1 comment:
That soccer coach sounds like she needs a major attitude adjustment! Glad the wedding went well.
Post a Comment