Friday, November 21, 2008

The sickly File's....

I guess that sickness is inevitable in a family of 5 with young children!

Delainey's "rash" turned out to be impetigo. I had only heard of this in passing before now. She has been on an oral and topical antibiotic since Monday and it is healing well. Poor Lain - he broke out the fairly big guns in antibiotic world - Augmentin. Her tummy wasn't too happy about that the first couple days but she is ok now.

Cait is back to having a cough and runny nose. Gotta love daycare.

I believe Eli is fine but I'm not 100% sure on that one. He doesn't have fever and his throat looks normal. It is funny that he only complains of his throat hurting before bedtime when he thinks of the remote chance of sleeping in our floor. I'm sure he is trying to pull a fast one on us.

I took off work yesterday early and stayed home today with a sore throat, fever, and chills. The chills are pretty much gone today but the others remain plus a generalized achiness. I don't think Mom's should be allowed to get sick!!! A sick Mom plus 3 kids and a Dad gone to basketball games tonight is not an ideal combination! Oh well, that is the card that I am dealt.

In other thoughts, I'm thinking about brining the turkey this year for Thanksgiving. I've never brined anything let alone baked a turkey so this should be interesting. We will keep pizza hut on speed dial....

No comments: