Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The sickness chronicles....

There isn't much of interest going on here!

Cait has been sick all weekend and is slowly getting back to herself. She has had fever, stuffy/runny nose and sore throat. I took her to the pediatrician yesterday and she was negative for strep and ear infections. So a virus it is and a mean one at that! Her fever is low grade today and I'm sure we will be back to normal by tomorrow. She ate a good breakfast today so that is a good sign!

As it always happens, Shawn comes down with whatever the kids have first. He started feeling bad yesterday afternoon. So he is doped up on ibuprofen and tylenol. Eli woke up with a cough this morning but he is still acting ok. Delainey has a stuffy nose but is still ok. When the kids are sick, one of us tries to quarantine the kid with hopes of only the parent with the kid getting sick. I guess that didn't work this time. I'm still hanging in there yet to be fully sick. It's hard to tell if my achiness is from sleep deprivation or my body fighting off a cold. I'm drinking airbornne and popping vitamin c and zinc and hoping for the best!

Just a few more weeks until Thanksgiving which we will be spending with my family this year instead of Shawn's family. I always looked forward to Thanksgiving with his family but this year his step-sister is getting married the following weekend and we will be making the drive for that. So, in the name of our sanity on a car ride and the status of our checkbook, we are staying home on Thanksgiving. Apparently, I'm hosting the dinner although my parents are cooking the chicken and dumplings. I may cook a small turkey just because that is what Thanksgiving is about and I like to have frozen meat in the freezer for last minute meals. I'm gonna miss Bill's stuffing because I don't know how to make it from scratch!

That is about it from the File front!

No comments: