We are enjoying a relaxing day at home this Thanksgiving. The turkey is in the oven and the green beans are in the crockpot. I will make the stuffing later and all the rest of the food will be supplied by my lovely parents. We are pretty much just chilling out. Delainey is in her room cleaning/playing. Cait is off playing after being a velcro baby all morning. I think she senses that I actually don't have anything pressing to do right now and is off doing her own thing. It is only when I have things like cutting onions, frying bacon, and preparing a turkey that she needs to be on my hip :) Curious little buddy. Eli is currently fighting with his big sister over a blanket. This is the usual banter when they are together. He knows how to push her (and out) buttons. Other than that, he is wandering the house looking for things to play with. Shawn is watching Cait and doing laundry - what a great husband I have. Soon he will be heading to the grocery store for some toliet paper, coke, and an easy to make dessert!
We seems to have somewhat of a reprieve from sickness other than Cait's snotty nose which is more likely related to her upper canines peaking through. Eli and I had some crazy nausea stuff earlier this week and he missed one day of school from it and I 1 day of work.
Cait had a well check yesterday and weighed in at 25 pounds. She is in the 75% for her height, 65% for weight, and 90% for head circumference. That is pretty much her pattern give or take a few 5ths of a percentage. Her tubes are still in place and we are very thankful for those. We haven't had an ear infection since they were put in! She is now starting to call my parents by name - it's very sweet!
My Mom and I think that Delainey is starting to "develop" into a woman. Crazy it seems and I will spare the details. I talked with our pediatrician about it at Cait's appointment and he says that it isn't too early. Yikes! I'm glad that she and I have talked about all these things along the way so that they are almost exciting to her - like a rite of passage sort of. We aren't quite ready to hit up the little girl intimates section but I'm sure that we will be there in the next year.
Eli is probably just a typical middle child. He pushes his boundaries with us but it is only with us (and my parents). He is good as gold at school. So I suppose we can be thankful that he knows when to let it all out! At this point, parenting him is a challenge because we can't allow him to get the upper hand even though that would be the easiest thing to do in most cases. Aside from that, in school he is doing great! He has great handwriting and I have seen a marked improvement in his coloring. He is learning to recognize new words and will write some of them. He does suprise us in that he eats school lunch about every day! Now what he actually eats, who knows? But he is getting exposed to all kinds of foods he wouldn't touch at home.
Well that is about it for us and the battery on the laptop!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
1 comment:
Kayleigh has def. started developing in the woman area. I think they are the same age, she is 8? Anyway it is freaking me out! She is pretty much to the point that we do need to get her some intimates. Yikes, too soon for me!
Post a Comment