Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's December!

It's hard to believe that it is already the last month of the year! I remember in the midst of Cait's 7 month long ear infections and other sickness at the time, Shawn and I were saying "Is it 2009 already???" Well, it almost is!

We spent the past weekend in Northern Illinois for Shawn's step-sister's wedding. Eli, Cait, my Mom and I went up Thursday by car. Delainey and Shawn came up Saturday by train. I would like to say that it was a nice relaxing weekend but that was not the case :( It was more like one of those rushed weekends and pretty stressful for yours truely. Delainey and Eli were the most adorable flower girl and ring bearer. Jamie was quite the beautiful bride and Eric was a very handsome groom. We did enjoy seeing our family and are happy for the new Mr & Mrs Wilborn!

I'm almost done Christmas shopping - yeah! There is still a whole lot of wrapping to do. I stole yet another idea from a blog and are putting fictious names on the gifts for the kids. The owners of the fictious names will be revealed Christmas morning....gotta keep them guessing! So, Comet, Donner, and Blitzen will be getting gold frankensense and myrrh presents!

Other good news - I wrote for a grant from the American Dental Association Foundation earlier this year and recieved news while we were up North that we were awarded $5000!!! I plan on developing age-appropriate pamphlets to be given to parents of children at pediatric well-checks and WIC visits. Then for the WIC offices and Medicaid pediatricians we will use the money to supply them with toothbrush kits for the children. I am able to use my boss' independent study student to do the majority of the research for me so all I will have to do design the pamplets, order the supplies and distribute all the materials. I'm super excited!

That is about it for the File's!

No comments: