I just realized that I really didn't mention much about the other kids in the last post so I should update about them!
We had a 6 month follow-up appt. with Dr. Stith at Cardinal Glennon this past Monday. He placed Cait's tubes on July 7th and this was a check up. It couldn't have come at a better time! Usually, when your kid is sick, it is on the weekend or the day after you are at the doctor for a well check. Not this time! Cait had a lot of congestion for a few weeks with it being really thick and nasty that previous week. Pre-tubes this always meant an ear infection was around the bend. Over last weekend, she was super clingy and cuddly - which really isn't Cait. So, I knew something was up. On Monday morning she woke up and her whole left ear was coated in dried goo - just in time for our Dr. appt! Turns out that she did have an ear infection in that ear. Apparently that is what happens when there are tubes in the ears - the infection drains out. So he gave us a script for ear drops (that cost $94!!! yikes!) and sent us on our way with instructions to call if it doesn't get better in 7 days. Those wonderful drops were liquid gold though - she was better in two days and we were allowed to stop the drops.
Other than that, Cait's latest news was that she peed in the potty today. I wouldn't say that we are "potty-training" her but we have a little seat for her to set on top of the potty and we put her on it frequently. She thinks she is hot stuff and has even put it up there on her own and somehow climbed up there fully-clothed. So, atleast she isn't fearful of the potty and hopeful this will make training easier when her body is ready (i.e. - when her diaper is dry in the morning).
Delainey has been going to basketball practice with Shawn every Saturday for a little girl's camp he is hosting. She has really been enjoying playing basketball and can even make a basket!! She is also improving quite a bit with her piano. It just so happened that the new books that she started last Friday had "Happy Birthday" in them. SO, she was so thrilled to be able to play the song Happy Birthday to her Bubby on his birthday! She did quite well I must say!
Shawn has spent all the Sundays in the month of January preaching at a few different churches. Either Cait or I have spent all the Sundays in January sick - except today. Thus, the big kids would go to church with Shawn and Cait would stay home with me. I think that he is looking forward to next Sunday and being able to go church with his family. Basketball season is in its last month and will wind down toward the end of Febraury. I'm sure he will miss it but just around the corner is track season.
That is about it from File land!
No comments:
Post a Comment