Wow - last week was quite long here in germland!!
Eli came down with the stomach bug Sunday night about an hour after he went to bed. Poor little guy likes to "cry stomach ache" or "cry sore throat" or any ailment he can think of just for an excuse to sleep in our floor. This has been going on for atleast 2 months and after a while, we just stop believing that he is really sick. I've tried telling him about the boy who cried wolf but he just wasn't getting it. SO, when he cried "stomach ache" Sunday night we didn't believe him - oops. I guess our punishment was 2 loads of bedclothes and to scrub the carpet!! He ended up missing 2 days of school from it.
Then, Wednesday night, Cait was having a really hard time settling down to sleep. Poor thing. After about 15 minutes of squirming she let us know why - as I caught vomit spray in my EYE!....as well as down my arms, all over my pants, and on the quilts. Thank goodness the first time was the worst and the other couple times weren't so bad. This was her first experience with the vomitting stomach bug. She actually did really well with the whole thing. After she finished her business, she just laid down and went to sleep! Now if we can teach her to hit a bowl we will be in business! She had a fever along with hers and ended up missing two days as well.
My turn came Friday night after we all went to bed. I felt it coming on as I tried to set up to reach my phone and had a wave of nausea. That night I made friends with the bathroom floor - ugh... My dear husband was so good to me!! He arranged for a babysitter for the entire next day since he had a makeup game scheduled. Plus he took care of them all morning while I laid in bed! Thanks dear :) I was down for the majority of 24 hours but didn't feel all that well for about 48 hours. I'm pretty much back to normal now except for a bit of a sensitive stomach - it generally takes me a while to recover from such things.
Shawn and Delainey have managed to avoid it - yeah!
Other than that, the only new thing here is that Eli turns 6 on Saturday!!! Yeah Eli!! He will be having his first kid party at the bowling alley in town. We have invited (including Eli and Delainey) 11 5/6 year olds and 2 8 year olds. So far, we have the 2 8 year old RSVP'd and 4 of the 5/6 year olds! It should be a good time - pizza, soda, cupcakes (which Eli wants to make with Mommy), bowling, video games, presents!!! Then we will have a small party that evening at home for family that live nearby and close friends :) Happy Birthday my little dude!!
1 comment:
Glad all that sickness is behind you, we ALL got it last winter, I am so hoping to avoid it this time around, ugh! Hope you stay sickness free.
Post a Comment