Monday, January 5, 2009

A non-picture post!

It's a new year!!! 2008 wasn't bad by any means I must say. The start was rough with Cait and her ear infections but after July, it was pretty smooth sailing!

I don't have a ton to update on since most of our life in the last month has been taken up with Christmas celebrations. I will do my best though.

Delainey - what a sweet little girl! She was so happy to go back to school today - she is such a social little thing. I have really enjoyed the chance to relax over this break and spend some time with her. We were playing Uno the other night and she was so excited to have one up on someone that she just couldn't set still!! She does not have a poker face at all!

Eli - poor little guy comes down with the stomach bug last night. He was so looking forward to going back to school today too!! Because of him, I got to take another day off in addition to the 2 weeks that I already had off for Christmas :) We just laid around all day and watched tv/napped. He felt well enough tonight to eat a little so I think he will be back at school tomorrow.

Cait - even though I was home today with Eli, Cait still went to daycare. She has been so funny lately with her language. I have been "told off" by her on many occasion lately in toddler-ese. I have no idea what she is saying but her tone and her shaking little finger tell me that she is giving me the what for. Her favorite thing right now is Elmo - she loves to watch Elmo on sesamestreet.org. So much so that Shawn and I walk around with the sesamestreet.org songs in our head.

Shawn - he is in the middle of basketball season and is really enjoying it. I have noticed less times that he is down about the team so that is positive. I may be wrong, but I think that it helps that he has Dr. Kelly to vent to and talk with. I may be able to meet a lot of his needs but I just don't understand basketball.

Me - well, I'm setting her at the computer at 9:30 in the evening and am not dead tired! I have actually been able to rest a lot over break. Work starts tomorrow and I am happy to get back into a schedule.

That is about it!

No comments: