Saturday, April 26, 2008

Twas the night before....


my trip to Miami. And all through the house, the kids are asleep, quiet as a mouse.......

I just can't help but to be sad. I'm an emotional person by nature. It's sad because I have rarely left them for overnight and I have only left Cait once. Last time I had an overnight trip that didn't involve the kids was Youth Encounter in December and then before that, I think it was 2004. But then I was only in St.Louis. I know Shawn is a capable father and that he will handle things fine. It's just he's not used to playing Mommy & Daddy like I sometimes have to do when he is gone to ballgames and the such. I feel guilty leaving him with the kids for an evening let alone for 4 days! Plus, he has several events in the evening while I am gone and I am worried about the transitions to babysitter. Ugh....God is gonna take care of all this, right?

I know this will be good for me. But give the choice right now to go or stay home, I would pick stay home in a heartbeat. That isn't an option though. I know the conference will be good and it will be good professional development for me. I'm sure I will learn a lot about public health. It will also be a great time to get to know my collegues better and maybe make some new friends. Just.......I just don't want to leave the kids. My heart is at home.

1 comment:

Kara said...

your heart is at home because that is where it is suppose to be! :)

This will be a great trip for everyone you, the kids, and shawn! Enjoy!