Thursday, June 12, 2008

My sweet husband the closet criminal


So this morning Shawn makes me coffee and asks me to set out on the swing with him. Very sweet I must say! Eli and Cait are at daycare and Delainey is in the house watching cartoons. So we just set out there and relax and talk. We both needed a little peace and quiet. After a while, we figured we better let Lainey know where we are because if she is huntin for us and can't find us she will freak out. So, he does and she decides she wants to come outside. She comes out and swings with us and then plays on the swingset. I asked her to go inside and see what time it is. She comes back out and then I attempt to go inside to get ready for the day and - she accidentally locked us out of the house!!!!!!!!! She flipped down that little lock on the handle of the screen door!!! Poor girl, she felt so bad! And just being locked out of the house is a bad feeling - especially when we were expecting company in 50 minutes. So, we check the front door and it is locked. I ended up taking the screen out of a window that I knew was unlocked and my criminal husband climbed in and saved the day! hahahahah - it was a funny site! So, that is one crazy way to start the day!!!

2 comments:

Megan Layman said...

shawn's been dong that for as long as I can remember! Didn't know he was still up to his old tricks

Shel said...

Lolol...that seriously isn't him in the pic :) Although he looked exactly like that!