Monday, August 18, 2008

As if his day couldn't get any worse...

Poor E - he just can't catch a break today!

After we had supper, we went over to my parent's house for a while. We played outside and E had fun. Right before we left, I needed to run to Kroger to pick up a prescription. In the time that I was gone, Eli had managed to nearly choke on a mint.

Now, I have no idea where this mint came from. I don't know if he found it and decided to eat it or if it was given to him. We don't let the kids have hard candy for THAT reason!

From Shawn this is how it went -

Eli starts to choke then coughs super hard and sends the mint flying (thank the Lord).

The he looks at Shawn with his big teary blue eyes and says "Daddy, I think I'm dying"

(Now we have taught the kids not to give Cait small things because she could choke and die....I know it is harsh but it is real and gets the point across.)

So Shawn has to explain to him that since the mint isn't in his throat that he isn't going to die. They say a little prayer and all is fairly well.

Then tonight he says his throat feels funny and gets teary again with me. I'm such a sucker to his big blue eyes :(

Poor guy. I hope tomorrow is a better day for him....

2 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh Eli! Glad all is well.

Jennifer said...

Awwww, what a heart tugger! Glad all ended well, and ditto on the mints. Gabe choked once really bad on one that someone else had given him and it was really scary!