Wednesday, August 20, 2008

He's a big boy now!

Well, the first full day of kindergarten wasn't as bad on Eli and I as I thought it would be. I do believe that is fully credited to his attitude this morning.

He was SO EXCITED! Shawn got him dressed and he was all jumping on the bed with little boy energy! He picked out an apple for the teacher (hope she doesn't think he is a suck-up?). Then he wanted to leave as soon as he was ready - which was 35 minutes before it was time to go and I wasn't even ready yet!

I had asked him yesterday if he wanted me to walk him into the gym the first day or if he wanted Sissy to take him there. He said SISSY! :( Little independent dude. It made me sad but I didn't insist. He needs to pull away sometime. In a way I'm glad though.

And that was just what they did. I drove up to the school, let them out and they went skipping inside all happy and stuff. I have pics but they aren't downloaded. I will post them later.

Now, I was prepared for a scene just like I had from Delainey in K, 1, & 2nd grades. I walked her into the school, she cried, and cried, then cried more. She didn't want me to leave. I would tell her that as soon as the teacher came to get them, I would watch her go and then I would leave - and that I did. I watched her little blotchy tear streaked face walk down the hall. In K, Delainey cried a lot when she missed me. In 1st she cried some. In 2nd not so much. Now, she is happy to be there in 3rd grade.

Eli - he had no tears. I hope that he doesn't at all.

No comments: