But I am soooooo getting rid of the clothes that are too small for Delainey!!! She (and Eli) have grown so much in the past year that both of their closets have been taken over by too small clothes.
Getting rid of Eli's clothes doesn't bother me because unless Shawn has a change of heart, or the Lord suprises us - there won't be another boy. But Delainey's clothes - I keep thinking that I should save them for Cait. But then I think that 7 years is a long time to be keeping clothes. Fashion changes, Cait's body is built way different than Delainey's, and do I want to look at those clothes for 7 years????
When I say getting rid of, I'm not trashing them by the way. Well, I do pitch any that have stains. I told Shawn that if I was a "crunchy" Mama, that I would cut up those old clothes into squares, serge the edges, and use them as homemade baby wipes. But I'm not that crunchy.
I take our too small clothing to a consignment shop in town. I've actually been able to make a descent amount of money there in the past year or so. Then I usually turn around and spend it in the store so it is almost like a just have a credit there.
Yesterday we took up a huge rubbermaid that was overflowing with fall clothes - mostly Delainey's. Then in the afternoon, I cleaned out Eli's closet and had a handful more of clothes to take there. WELL - today I got into Delainey's closet even more and have ANOTHER overflowing rubbermaid of clothes that she wore 3 sizes ago that were tucked away. I think I'm going to give it a week or so before I take them even more clothes! Oh, and we haven't even went through Cait's - her closet is packed with too small clothes.
I'm very, very tempted to take all the baby equipment up there. As I said before, it is highly unlikely that we will have another child - atleast in the traditional way. We would both love to do foreign adoption. But just as soon as I sell the equipment - you know what they say happens......
1 comment:
That's what happened to us, I got rid of all my girl stuff and then got preggo with Gwen just a few months later;) A closet purge feels so good though, also makes closets look much nicer! I am having a big garage sale in a few weeks to get rid of ours. Have fun with your organizing.
Post a Comment