Monday, April 14, 2008

Love the Biaxin, hate the teeth....


I was SO sure that Cait had another ear infection! She was fussy, smacking at her ears, didn't have much of an appetite, etc, etc. All signs that she had another ear infection. So I put in 4.5 hours at work today and then took her to the Dr. Low and behold - no ear infection! I was amazed!!! He is blaming it on teeth. Yeah, she is finishing up getting her incisors but it isn't like one is trying to break through the surface. My Mom used to always say that the teeth "itch" before they come in - so maybe her 1 year molars are "itching". So yeah for the Biaxin that cured the ear infection and boooo on the teeth! Oh and isn't that picture great!! :)

Grouchy people....I really don't like grouchy people. Well, I guess that I could like the person but I certainly don't like the behavior. I used to get really mad and think of how they were inconviencing me - and I still do for, hmmmmm, maybe 5 minutes. But thanks to a dental educators conference I attended last fall I realize something - You never know what a person has in their denominator - What is below the line - What is below the surface. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think that if given a choice, a person would be a grouch day after day. Yeah, things do happen that make a person that way temporarily but for one person in particular to be that way everytime I speak with them? After my 5 minutes of anger at the person's attitude today I started to think - What is in her denominator? Surely their is a reason for the grouchiness day after day. Maybe it's me?? Hmmmmm or what and who I represent? hmmmmm could be. Isn't it always our first response to think of ourselves? Maybe it is a defensive mechanism or a response to a not so happy work environment. Maybe she has an alcoholic husband, is buried in a sea of debt, and is falling apart from the inside out. Maybe, maybe, maybe.....But I do pray that whatever the reason for the grouchiness, that she will overcome. And if not, I pray that I have the tactfulness and patience to deal with her when I need to - and that God would use me to be a light.

No comments: