Thursday, April 24, 2008

My little boy is not so little anymore :(

So tomorrow is kindergarten registration for E. Two months after we had E, we bought our Grand Caravan. I remember thinking that when we have it paid off, Eli will be old enough to go to kindergarten. We paid it off last month. :(

We aren't completely sure that we are sending him. Intellectually, I think he is fine to go. He knows his numbers, letters, how to write his name, etc. It is the emotional and maturity part we worry about. He gets his little feelings hurt so easily. Then when he does something wrong or is hurt - he wants to run and hide. I just don't know. I do know that we would never regret postponing his entrance into kindergarten. This is really shallow and wouldn't be the deciding factor but it sure would be nice to not pay around $85 dollars a week (just for him) for daycare plus an additional $100 a month for preschool! Of course, if we really felt we needed to, we would pay that in a heartbeat if it meant that E would benefit from one more year at home/daycare. Then I think if we do postpone kindergarten, that will be one more year that we get to keep him under our roof before he goes to college - that is appealing. Plus he would have one more year of maturity on him when it comes to dealing with the pressures of middle and high school. Hmmmmm....I guess we will see what they have to say tomorrow!

1 comment:

Kara said...

my aunt postponed both of my cousins and they excelled in school (academically and athletically) and I think that had something to do with it.