Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Beauty in the Simple things


Right outside my office at work stand a row of cherry blossom trees. What a welcome relief after a drab winter. Just seeing the beautiful colors of the petals brightens my day!

Then I was driving through the side streets of Murphysboro and Pinckneyville today and I can't help but find beauty in the architecture of old houses. I love an old brick house with all of the curves and angles that are missing in the newly built houses today.

Then the dogwood trees that are starting to bloom. Or atleast I think they are dogwood. It is so nice to look toward the sky and see a tree all decked out in white petals.

Am I the only one who finds beauty in the simple things? In the creativeness of God? I hope not!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Just thought I'd come say hi! Don't konw how I missed your blog either but it's on the list now. Lovely pic, I miss the cherry trees in Victoria where I used to live.