Wednesday, April 16, 2008

So what do you do???

As I mentioned in a previous post, C was clear for ear infections on Monday. So, then Monday night she starts running fever. Tuesday she has a good attitude but still has the fever. Last night she was up some. This morning she is FUSSY but with a little fever. The pedi was blaming it on teeth. But, we have noticed and daycare noticed that she has tugged at her ears all yesterday. What are we suppose to do? I would feel like I am second guessing the pedi if I take her back there three days later. But then, I don't want her to be in pain. Grrrrr......

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My doc has said on more than one occasion that she has seen a kid one day and their ears are perfect, they bring them in the next and have horrible pus in their eardrums! She was reassuring me because I always felt really dumb for taking Kayleigh in every other week thinking she had one! Most of the time she did too! So I do think kids can overnight get the infection, and maybe be fussy because they are starting to get one. HTH! Don't feel bad though, I am paranoid about ear infections, I have lost too many sleepless nights from all three of my kids having them, and don't really like being sleep deprived and grouchy! Also don't like to see my kiddos in pain, as I am sure you are the same!blqvca

Shel said...

Awww thanks! I am taking my DD1 in for her 2nd chicken pox imm on Friday and I may see if I can have Cait seen at the same time. I know in my heart there is something wrong.....could be teeth though :( Thing is, she wasn't like this with any other teeth and I really don't feel any bulges where she would be getting a molar.