Sunday, April 6, 2008

What a busy weekend!

The weekend just went by entirely too quick! I'm sure that has something to do with having a lot of activities - seems to make the time pass faster.

So, Shawn's Mom, Kathy and her husband Bill came down for the weekend. The split their time between seeing us and visiting Kathy's Mom (Shawn's G'ma) who is in the hospital in Centralia. But, we got quite a bit of their time. On Friday night, they stopped by briefly before heading to the hotel for the night. Then Saturday morning, we were all excited to kick off soccer season! Eli had a game at 9 and Delainey had a game at 11:30. We told (bribed) Eli that we would give him a dime for everytime he kicked the ball. He ended up with a dollar!!! Now this could be a very lucrative endeavor for him if he played his cards right!!! Then we told Lainey that she would get a dollar for every goal she scored and then Grandpa Bill upped the ante by offering to pay an additional dollar. But, Lain didn't score any goals :( They are both enjoying themselves and that is what counts.

Saturday night Kathy and Bill treated us to dinner at the Newell House in Carbondale. LOVE that place! I experienced a first - I ate calamari for the first time. It was pretty tasty! The spinach dip was amazing too! My entree was good but I think that I have decided the next time I go, I'm going to order seafood. The shrimp in my entree was great but the noodles and sauce just so so. The desserts there are just amazing! Lainey and I shared a chocolate mousse thingy. It was really good and Lainey was just beside herself. But it isn't everyday a 7 year old is served dessert on a nice plate with chocolate drizzled on the plate! Everyone else shared a chocolate turtle brownie thing that was much better than my chocolate mousse. So I know which one to get next time! Now, Cait - she was quite the connosiur. She amazes me with what she will eat. She pretty much just sampled from our plates - artichoke hearts, olives, pizza, chicken, bread, chocolate mousse. She grazed from the time we got there to when we left! What a good eater!

Now to today - the big baptism day! We were excited to have my parents, Kathy and Bill join us. I was so happy that my parents actually enjoyed the service. Here are some pics of the big girl!

Photobucket

Where is Delainey????hahahaha
Photobucket

So we could see better on the tv monitor :)
Photobucket

Down she goes :)
Photobucket

We are so proud of her!!! Going underwater just isn't her thing and I was afraid that she would fight Bro. Joe when he went to put her under. But she did great and said "That was fun!!"

After church we went to Pizza Hut for their buffet. Cait again was quite the eater - pasta salad, black olives (yuck!), cheese, egg, pizza, breadstick. And again she ate the whole time! We invited two friends from church to come with us and enjoyed their company.

Overall a great weekend! We just need a day to recuperate!

No comments: