We are on the countdown now to Cait's surgery. I had the pre-registration phone call today to let me know what we need to do to prepare her for the surgery. She can't have anything to eat after midnight then can only have clear liquids between 12-4am. After that, she can't have anything. While we were at NanaK & Bill's this weekend, she did pretty well without eating until we got there - which some days was near 9am. So, we will be leaving for St.Louis tomorrow night and spending the night near the hospital. That way we don't have to drive from home to St. Louis with a baby that hasn't ate. We are going to try and totally wear her out the night before so she will sleep a long time in the morning. We have to be at the hospital at 8:15 to prepare for surgery at 9:15.
We are so hopeful that this surgery is going to help Cait not get ear infections - atleast not as frequently. I spent a lot of the day on the phone trying to reach her ENT because we are almost 100% sure that she has another infection. She has been pulling at her ear since this weekend and has gotten progressively more crabby each day. If she has a fever Friday, there is a chance she wouldn't be able to have the surgery. So, this afternoon, I finally got a prescription for yet another antibiotic to hold her over until Friday and to help prevent a fever.
So if any of you have the urge, please pray for Cait and us Friday!! Thanks :)
4 comments:
Hey girl, just wanted you to know how much I appreciated your words today. They were greatly needed.
Keep praying and I'll keep updating.
Melissa at Stretch Marks
Thanks for commenting over at my place! Will be praying for Cait and the rest of you. I guess it will be Saturday sometime over here when you're getting ready, so I'll remember to do that.
GdeE.
Hope all goes well Friday. Where will you be staying, and what time do you plan to get there? I am only an hour from St. Louis, a meetup could maybe be possible, if you guys were up to it or even had the time? Anyway, extra prayers headed your way for the next few days.
You're in my prayers girl! Even though it is a common surgery, she's still your baby! Here's to fewer ear infections! Every child I've know to have the surgery has had excellent results.
Take care!
Post a Comment