These may not be funny to anyone else but me and my husband but hey! Here ya go -
I have a bad habit of gabbing with the kids before bed while I am tucking them in. Last night D & E were sleeping in our floor because they were both running fever. So, they were right there to gab along.
E & I were talking about his daycare provider Nat, having her tonsils out and he says:
E - I know why Nat Nat is sick.
Me - Oh yeah why?
E - because she had her tinsel out!
I'm imagining the surgeon pulling long sparkly silver strands of tinsel out of her throat and saying - "Well, I can see why you have had a sore throat!"
And then there is D. If anyone is around her for very long you will know that she is well, combustible. There is this PBS show called "Word girl". I've not watched a lot of it but I have enough to know that when she saves the day, she says "Word guuuurl!" in a ghetto sort of way. So last night after some of D's combustible moments, she starts talking about how she is "Toot girl" and how she would toot on people. Oh D..... Yes, she will read this when she is grown and be so embarrassed - I'm ok with that.
And on to the not so funnies -
Along with E's fever he also has a rash all over his belly. For him that normally means strep. This is his last call for strep if that is indeed what he has. His ENT sent instructions to our pediatrician for his medication and if it doesn't clear it, the the tonsils, or as he would say tinsels, will have to go. Shawn is taking him to the Dr today to be check along with D to have her checked for strep too.
Oh yeah, and I gained 2.5 pounds this weekend :( Why is it that the weight goes on so easily but comes off so slow!
No comments:
Post a Comment