This weekend we will be visiting Shawn's Mom, her husband and the family. So posting will be limited until next week - and even limited next week because of my schedule. We are so looking forward to getting out of DQ and visiting family. Eli is old enough now to count down the days until we go there and has been doing that all week. Delainey is, of course, old enough to do that plus ask me every few hours when we are going to start packing. Poor Lain - she was so looking forward to spending time with her Aunts Kari & Jamie but I'm thinking that Kari will be working a lot. I'm not sure about Jamie though. Eli, he just knows that G'pa is a whole lot of fun! Then Nana K is always good for some snuggles and talk. Cait, well - she is oblivious. I'm sure she won't be appreciating the 4 1/2 hour drive but thanks to portable dvd players and baby einstein, hopefully she will stay entertained. Shawn and I, well we are happy to see family plus have two more sets of hands to entertain the kids - helps us to relax a little.
There is so much more to do before then though. I think I for one overestimated the impact that a third child plus an almost full-time job would have on our lives. Don't get me wrong - I'm not alone in this. Shawn is wonderful around the house - laundry, dishes, diapers, baths, etc. Really, he is amazing. It is just overwhelming the demands of a family of 5 - especially when there is a 1 year old fearless toddler in the house. So anyways, there is packing to do but before that can happen, laundry has to be done. Then loading the car after that but then the car needs cleaned out! We will get there though - and have a great time while we are there!
No comments:
Post a Comment