Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Praise, praise!

My brother's heart cath went well today. He was very nervous - rightfully so! But the Dr. didn't find any other problems other than left bundle blockage. On reading up on this condition, I read that the left bundle branch blockage can sometimes be a sign of other more serious problems. The Dr. said that Skeet was probably born with it. Come to find out, I have 2 aunts on my Dad's side have the same condition but one of them had a Dr. tell them that it is not hereditary. So - after Cait's tubes, I will be taking myself to Dr. Riley to see if I should be tested for this. I am so glad to hear that Skeet's heart is ok. I don't think I expanded a lot in a previous post but he went to the ER for having a seizure and the heart issue was just something that they found incidentally. So, I guess he will be seeing another Dr. to try and figure out what caused the seizure. His family practice Dr. thinks it was a medicine it was on and took him off it. He says he feels a lot better not taking that particular medicine. So thanks to those who were praying!!

Another praise since I know that she visits my blog. Congrats to Alicia & Aaron on their little baby BOY coming in November!! Active and healthy! Can I say "We told you so!" hahahaha

We had a little change in plans for the weekend. Still headed to Nana K and G'pa Bill's but we are going to detour a little and visit the Abraham Lincoln Museum tomorrow during the day - yeah! Shawn has been before and I have been wanting to go. Delainey has developed quite an interest in history - and that is allllll her Daddy! So we thought this would be a nice educational trip for her. Plus, we can claim our expenses on our taxes as educator credits I believe since Shawn is a history teacher!

A little funny from our day - it may be a "you had to be there" moment but I'll share anyways. In our town, the school district offers free lunch to all kids up to age 18. Then adults can buy lunch for $2 a piece. We think it is a great deal and take advantage of it as much as possible. It also gives E practice at how to carry a lunch tray and such for kindergarten next year! So, today the 5 of us go to school for lunch. We take Cait's portable booster chair that has a tray on it so we don't have to hold her the whole time. Cait gets her own tray of food because - well, she likes to eat! And I wasn't sharing! We put pieces of her food on her booster chair tray for her to eat. Chicken off the tray was fine. We didn't mind the school milk in our sippy cup. The potatoes just did not feel right in her mouth. The green beans? Well, apparently the green beans on E's tray tasted a whole lot better because she would reach over the side of her tray and pilfer E's green beans!!! I think we are raising a clepto!!!

1 comment:

Megan Layman said...

Glad to hear that your brother received such encouraging news from the MD. Praise God indeed.

I too think that I vaguely remember the Lincoln museum. It is always exciting to see something in person that you may have read or learn about! Hope that you have a safe and great trip.

There's just something about green beans. They always taste better on someone else's plate! I steal Dan's all of the time. I have a feeling it is much cuter when Caitney does it;-)