Sunday, July 13, 2008

Taking the plunge (hesitantly)...


So after 10 years of writing the bills, balancing the checkbook (or not balancing it at times), depositing the money, etc. - I am handing it over to Shawn. With the addition of a 3rd child and a 3/4 time job, I find I just don't have the time to do it! Bills weren't paid late, but they were getting paid a little too late for me. I think Shawn is excited about it and he will probably do much better than me. He told me today "I will always know the balance of the checking account" - which I wouldn't know without doing some major subtraction.

But handing it over is hard. I suppose it is giving up control of what I have always had. He says he is going to pay the bills as they come in but I had always paid certain bills at a certain time of the month. I will write that out for him but he will choose if he wants to follow my recommendations. Other than that last simple explanation of how "I" do things, I am going to try my hardest to let him do things "His" way.....this is gonna be hard!

Now I will still have the checking account that we set up for my college expenses in 2006-2007. We just kept it open and now I have my pay direct deposited in it. I hope this works out better for us.

______________________________________________________________________

On to other things, Delainey had her first sleepover party last night for a friend's birthday. I thought that she may not stay when I dropped her off. She was all teary but she was determined to stay - and stay she did. About 10pm she called to tell me that she was having a good time, she missed us and she was going to be ok. We picked her up at 7:45 this morning so that she could go to church with us. She had been up since 5:45!!! Crazy girl! The party didn't end until 2pm so we took her back after church so she could take part in the swimming. Ohhhhhhh is she a crispy critter! The Mom put sunscreen on the other kids but they were already swimming when we got there and it didn't cross her mind to slather D down. And D didn't think of it either. She is sleeping now and I'm sure will sleep the majority of the night into morning. We will have to wake her atleast for a bit to put lots and lots of aloe vera gel on her burn. Poor baby!!!! I guess it is the age for sleepovers because she gets to turn around and do this all over again on Friday night for another friend - but I don't think they have a pool. Those are some brave Mama's - no sleepover parties here yet!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Oh and Cait is doing pretty good. Her ears are still a little sensitive. I think she may be teething on top of just having the tubes in. We do think that she is hearing better though!!! We used to have to say her name several times before she would look our way and now she looks at us on the first time. She is also repeating what we say a lot more now. Honestly, she is quite the chatterbox!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Justin is about to take over our finances because he now has time! He will be so much better than me I am soooo excited!!

Sorry to hear about D, glad Cait is doing well!

Melissa Lee said...

Give it up! And give it over, girl!!

Just let go and let God. (ha)

It will go well, don't worry about. I mean look at it like this, you can blame him for anything now - ANYTHING!!

Melissa at Stretch Marks

Givinya De Elba said...

Glad to hear Cait is doing well. The little ones' hearing and therefore speech often picks up so soon after the tubes are in. I was talking to the Mum of one of my speech therapy kids today, and she said the same thing.

GdeE

Claremont First Ward said...

I handed over the check book to my hubby a few years ago too. I did it because I was in the hospital for a prolonged period, but I've never taken the job back and it's been wonderful. When I was in charge of the finances my husband didn't like asking for money. Now he doesn't have to. :)