Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mom says I need to post :)

HAHAHAHA!

Well, the reason for no posting in a little while is really that nothing is going on! It is same old same old.

Cait is still fully of her boogery goodness. I broke out the snot sucker from her infanthood tonight. She didn't appreciate it. But the tubes seem to be doing their job so far. Her vocabulary is growing everyday. We know what words she is trying to say but most people probably don't. She also has a fascination with baby dolls - unlike Delainey at that age. She will carry them by their arms and over her shoulder. She will give them hugs and "love". Then another thing she does is walk around like Linus with her yellow blankie. I took a pic of her the other day with it - will have to post sometime.

Lainey has had 4 birthday parties to attend in the last month - well one was hers. But she is birthdayed out. Her really bad sunburn has FINALLY healed. The skin is still a bit pinkish - I guess it is new skin. Lainey has her first orthodontic appointment this next Monday - woohoo! I'm sure that he will say "Let's see her back in 6 months (or a year)" but early intervention is the key! I picked at her teeth to get them all nice and stain free for the occasion - my poor kids!

Eli is Eli. He isn't really saying that he is excited about kindergarten but he isn't saying he doesn't want to go either. Parenting him has been a bit of a struggle at times lately. He has started a "Nobody loves me" and "You love D more" thing. So we just keep reassuring him and pointing out the positive things he does. He is a sweet little boy though.

Shawn has had numerous basketball camps this summer and assited with the interview process for a new social studies teacher at the high school. He has enjoyed all of it. Right now he is playing Mr. Mom 2-3 days a week when the kids aren't in daycare and while I work. If I give him another week or two of that, he will be good and ready to go back to teaching in August!

I am still working my 28 hours a week. Then I joined the gym again and have been putting in darn near and hour every day. I have noticed more strength when lifting Cait and when climbing steps to my office at work. I've lost 5 pounds since the beginning of June. It is slow but hopefully the combo of eating better, working out, and some tips from my doctor will help it pick up a little.

So that is the File update! :)

3 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

Updates are always great~!

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog when I was featured on SITS. I look forward to many more visits. Off to read more.

Givinya De Elba said...

Glad to hear from the File family. Get well soon Cait!

Megan Layman said...

Glad to hear about the update! Continue to persevere at the gym! I nomally give up way before I get/feel any results! Good for you! It's definately an encouragement to me!