Oh how I am loving not doing the bills!!!! Shawn sat at the table last night and wrote out all the bills - NOT ME!!! We are now lovingly calling the regular checkbook "his checkbook" and the college checking "my checkbook." I guess that is a little untraditional, but it gives us both access to money and exactly how much money we have without having to call the other and ask if there is money in checking to get gas, food, etc. With us both working, it will be convienent. Plus, Shawn is happy to have "his checkbook" and if Daddy is happy then everybody is happy! I think it is going to work out well for us!
********************************
And how we are disliking Comcast Cable. They have consistently raise our rates and took away our channels over the past few years to where we are now paying about $55/month for cable tv. When we first got married, we paid right around $30 - that was 10 years ago. Then we have $40/month cable internet through them so that makes our bill $95/month for crappy cable and good internet.
So, we are taking the plunge to change! We just signed up for Verizon Broadband Internet. It is a bit more expensive than what we are paying now but we will be able to use it anywhere - home, work, in the car, in a hotel. THEN, Shawn is suppose to be ordering Direct TV this afternoon. He was sooooo funny this morning being an "informed consumer." He called Direct TV twice to try and get a better deal from a different rep - and he did! $10 less for a year than the previous jerk of a rep. He wants direct tv for the Big Ten Network (wooohoooo!...uhhhh yeah) and we want Boomerang for Eli since they air the old cartoons like Tom & Jerry that he thinks are great!
**************************************
Let's see - I'm back to the gym! Yeah! The Wii Fit just wasn't cutting it. I like to get AWAY from the kids to exercise and have some alone time. With the Wii Fit, they are underfoot and always talking to me. So now I have peace and some quiet at the gym. I get to watch tv uninterupted while I sweat on the elliptical or treadmill. Then I can listen to the tv's while a use the nautilis machines and get all buff and stuff...hahaha!
Oh and good news for me today - I got to buy a size smaller at Cato today - woohoooo! I'm sure a lot of that has to do with watching my portion sizes and calorie intake over the last 6 weeks and not necessarily going to the gym for the little time that I have been back there. But hey, I'm just happy to be in the bottom numbers of the women's section!!!!
***************************************
And a praise to God for miracle babies!!!! I've known of two miracle babies in the past few weeks. One of the Mommas is high school friend of mine just found out she is pregnant!! She has been married for 8 1/2 years and has two adopted children - one domestic adoption and one little boy from Korea. And now they are getting a baby sister!!! Yes, that is right - she is almost 21 weeks and just found out yesterday. She just didn't think that it was a possibility for them to get pregnant due to infertility issues so she didn't think to suspect pregnancy when she wasn't feeling just right. What a shocker! The ultrasound showed that the baby is 14oz, is due right after Thanksgiving and is a little girl! I got to see the 4-D ultrasound pics today and she is beautiful. So praise the Lord for his unexpected blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment