Monday, July 28, 2008

A word from the orthodontist....


Is to wait.

I figured that is what he would say about Lainey's teeth but I just wanted to be sure.

She has some crowding in front that may straighten itself out as she grows. The good news is that if she does have to have orthodontic treatment in the future, it will be relatively short (12 months) in the orthodontic world. I'm not sure if less time equals less money - I guess we will cover that when we get to that point.

But regardless, we will have the treatment for her if she needs it. A nice smile sure does set a person one step ahead of the pack. As sad as it is that appearances would make a difference, it is true. Guess that gives me some job security, eh?

We will take Lainey back in 6 months to be re-evaluated and I'd imagine on a regular recall schedule after that until he decides if she is going to require treatment.

No comments: